BAMBOO SALAD PLATES
Museum Member Price: $36.00
ACADEMY MUSEUM EXCLUSIVE
Set of 4 bamboo fiber salad plates featuring a film inspired print designed by Poketo.
This exclusive, co-branded collection of film-inspired goods was created with local Los Angeles designer POKETO, and is available only at the Academy Museum Store.
Our Bamboo Salad Plates are made from certified organic bamboo fiber and cornstarch. Durable with a smooth, modern look, they are great alternatives to styrofoam plates and can be used over and over for your favorite moments of the day, whether that be a casual picnic, family meal, or professional plate twirling. (They won't break.)
Bamboo is a fast-growing, renewable resource, and our bamboo plates are 100% biodegradable and free of melamine and plastic, making it an environmentally conscious choice to be kind to yourself, your family, and our planet.
- Set of 4
- Made from bamboo fiber, cornstarch and printed with food-grade ink
- Non-toxic and Compostable
- Dishwasher safe. Do not microwave
- 7.85" in diameter (19.93 cm)
- Handwash before initial use.
- Wash immediately after use with soapy water. Do not submerge or soak in water. Towel dry before standing vertically to air dry. Do not dry flat.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
The name Poketo (pronounced “poh-keh-toe”) stems from the mispronunciation of “pocket” by Angie’s grandmother. It tied in perfectly with the first product ever created under Poketo: a series of artist wallets that fit right in your pocket—and Ted and Angie just loved the way it sounded.
In addition to its online store, Poketo has a LA-based retail location in Little Tokyo of DTLA which hosts art exhibitions, workshops and other events that serve to foster the local creative community.