ANIMATION LAB FOR KIDS: FUN PROJECTS
Museum Member Price: $22.49
In Animation Lab for Kids, arts educators Laura Bellmont of The Little Animation Studio and Emily Brink of The Good School present exciting art projects that teach kids how to create engaging visuals and tell stories using a variety of animation techniques.
You'll have fun with:
- A concise overview of the animation process, from conceptualizing, designing, and scripting a film to basic tools, supplies, and adding sound
- Traditional animation: zoetropes, flip books, and cel animation
- Downshoot animation: 2D art surfaces and characters come to life
- Straight-ahead animation: projects for hand-sewn and claymation puppets, sets, and rigging
- Pixilation: the ins and outs of becoming your own stop-motion puppet
- Inspiring examples from innovative and influential animators, such as Kirsten Lepore, Hayley Morris, PES, and Emily Collins
The popular Lab for Kids series features a growing list of books that share hands-on activities and projects on a wide host of topics, including art, astronomy, clay, geology, math, and even how to create your own circus—all authored by established experts in their fields. Each lab contains a complete materials list, clear step-by-step photographs of the process, as well as finished samples. The labs can be used as singular projects or as part of a yearlong curriculum of experiential learning. The activities are open-ended, designed to be explored over and over, often with different results. Geared toward being taught or guided by adults, they are enriching for a range of ages and skill levels. Gain firsthand knowledge on your favorite topic with Lab for Kids.